TOR Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon 2021
20 in stock
Crafted with precision and finesse, TOR Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon 2021 epitomizes the unparalleled quality synonymous with Oakville, Napa Valley’s premier Cabernet appellation. A masterful blend sourced from three distinguished vineyards – Tench, Double H Ranch, and Renteria 360 – this wine embodies the essence of its terroir. In the glass, its rich, deep crimson hue allures the senses. Aromas of savory umami, delicate mushroom, and invigorating eucalyptus intermingle with an abundance of luscious blackberry, decadent chocolate-covered cherry, and indulgent blueberry pie, complemented by a trace of graphite minerality. Nuances of cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg infuse an added layer of complexity, culminating in a wine that stands as a true champion of the vintage, characterized by its unwavering structure and opulent fruit core.
Garnishing a commendable 92 points from Wilfred Wong, the 2021 TOR Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon charms the palate with its rustic undertones, vibrant fruits, and tantalizing spices, making it a delightful companion to an anise-flavored beef stew. With a stellar 96 points from Wine Enthusiast, this seductive wine encapsulates the velvety allure of Oakville Cabernet, boasting a tapestry of plush dark plums, black currants, dark chocolate, and cinnamon, enveloped in silky yet abundant tannins. Wine Advocate’s 92 points salute the wine’s graceful floral and sage nuances intertwined with luscious loam and black cherries, underscored by velvety tannins and a lingering finish, solidifying its stature as an exceptional non-vineyard-designated gem.
Nose: The bouquet is an intricate interplay of savory and sweet, showcasing umami and earthy mushroom alongside a whisper of eucalyptus. This is beautifully layered with the lush fruitiness of blackberry, chocolate-covered cherry, and blueberry pie, while a vein of graphite minerality adds depth. The aromatics are rounded out by warm baking spices — cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg — that hint at the wine's complex palate.
- Flavor Profile: The palate is a cornucopia of dark fruit with plump dark plums and black currants at the forefront, evolving into a more nuanced blend of blueberry, dark chocolate, and a refreshing burst of spice-infused cherry. The savory undercurrent persists, lending a mature and profound character to the wine.
- Body of the Wine: Full-bodied, the wine possesses a stature that fills the palate, delivering a weight that is both substantial and plush.
- Tannin Structure: The tannins are profuse yet manage to be incredibly silky, contributing to a texture that is opulent without being overpowering. This silkiness belies the wine's youth and promises graceful aging.
- Sweetness levels: Dry, with the natural sweetness of ripe fruit creating a perception of roundness and harmony.
- Acidity levels: Well-integrated acidity underpins the structure, maintaining a fine balance that keeps the wine lively and ensures a long, enduring finish.
The robust character and complex palate of the TOR Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon 2021 make it an excellent companion to rich and savory dishes. Consider pairings such as:
- Braised short ribs with a reduction of the wine itself, emphasizing the deep fruit and earthy flavors.
- A classic ribeye steak, where the wine's tannin structure can counterbalance the richness of the meat.
- Mushroom risotto or a hearty mushroom stroganoff, which would complement the umami and earthy notes of the wine.
- Anise-flavored beef stew, echoing the tasting notes of Wilfred Wong and bringing out the wine’s spice profile.
- Grilled lamb chops with rosemary, matching the wine's herbal undertones with the savoriness of the lamb.